Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Get Out

Everyday I woke up
Wishing it was all a dream
Unfortunately it was real
With no one to hear my screams

I went from being so strong
To feeling helpless & broken
Because he put his hands on me
And the hurtful words that were spoken

But one day I had decided
That I deserve a lot more
So I started packing what I could
And quietly snuck out the door

Now I'm sure you would think
"Why would you stay so long?"
But even a horrible abuser
Can make you feel like you belong

He gets in your head
Telling you what you want to hear
In order to keep you around
Even though you just want to disappear

But once you learn your worth
And figure out what you deserve
You'll leave with no regrets
With no pity, or concern


No comments:

Post a Comment